What is SCAN?
The Sangha Co-ordination Advisory Network (SCAN) has been established within the UK Community of Interbeing in order to provide a means to share thoughts, ideas and suggestions about the running of our Sangha so we can benefit from improved communication and the understanding of the wider national community. It is a means to share information widely and to gather input and feedback about our activities to enable improvement and growth. SCAN aims to involve members from across the country in order to ensure all members are represented. SCAN acts in an advisory capacity and recommendations from the SCAN group are taken forward to the Trustees of the Community for final approval.
The SCAN Forums
In order to cover the wide range of activities in which the national Sangha is involved, SCAN has established a number of sub-groups each of which is focused on a specific area of interest and aims to address the related issues. Each sub-group has a co-ordinator who is responsible for collating input and communicating key outcomes and has its own separate forum on this website. Further sub-groups will be created as the need arises, so if you feel that we should establish any further sub-groups then please make this suggestions in the SCANorg forum.
How to Use The Forums
The current SCAN forums are listed below and on the right-hand side menu of this page. Notices and information relating to each group can be found on these pages. Each forum page also contains an entry form for suggestions and feedback. Please use the entry form to enter your thoughts relating to specific activities of the Sangha or to give feedback about any of the notices displayed there.
Bursary Administration - This group develops recommendations for the administration of bursaries (eg financial support for attendance at Sangha retreats etc).
Go to forum (No posts yet) »
Cottage and Centre - This group oversees the Being Peace Cottage and makes recommendations related to the use and development of the UK practice centre.
Go to forum (1 post) »
Organisation of SCAN - This group oversees how SCAN organises itself and how it communicates effectively (including the creation of more sub-groups as required). The SCANorg team aim to advise the UK Sangha on how structures and organisation can be developed to encourage improved communication. We are specifically interested if you have any responses to the following questions:
- How can we improve and facilitate communication within the national UK Community of Interbeing Sangha? How can SCAN operate to encourage greater transparency and engagement from Sangha members with national Sangha activities?
- The UK Community of Interbeing communicates information primarily through its website and the newsletter ‘Here & Now’. Do you find these methods useful? What other forms of communication would be beneficial for you?
- Would you value more information about how the national Sangha is structured and operates? If so what information would be useful? How can SCAN assist in this? How can the UK Order of Interbeing best function within the wider national sangha? How can we ensure Trustees best represent the wider sangha?
- Does your local sangha have sufficient support from the national Sangha, how can this be improved? What structures and activities can be established to help this?
- Do you think there any specific issues within the Sangha that would benefit from establishing a SCAN sub-group (if one does not already exist).
Go to forum (5 posts) »
Resources - This group reviews the needs and development of Sangha resources such as the Manual of Practice and Introductory material.
Go to forum (2 posts) »
Click on a forum to read the posts and contact the group.