- 07826 198656
Email this Group
The York Sangha practices Zen Buddhism in the tradition of Thich Nhat Hanh, following his emphasis on mindfulness.
We meet on Mondays from 7 to 9 pm, in the heart of the city, close to the railway station. The first half of the evening usually
consists of two sitting meditations interposed with movement. After a tea break we have an inspirational reading or a CD, followed by sharing our experiences of the practice.
Each week a different person facilitates (on a strictly voluntary basis) and they choose the precise format for the evening.If you use a cushion or stool for meditation please bring it with you; chairs are provided!
We also hold occasional Days of Mindfulness (10am to4pm), every 2 to 3 months, where the evening practices are extended and incorporate a mindful lunch, to which everyone contributes.
Both the evenings and Days are open to anyone who is interested in meditating in the company of others and applying mindfulness to their lives. There is no charge for attending, but donations are accepted towards room hire.
Please be in touch with Lauri if you are interested in joining us.
“Every morning when we wake up,we have twenty-four brand-new hours to live. What a precious gift! We have the capacity to live in a way that these twenty-four hours will bring peace, joy, and happiness to ourselves and others.”
Thich Nhat Hanh, Peace Is Every Step.
- White Lotus Sangha, Leeds
- Rolling Tide Sangha, N. Lancs & S. Cumbria
- Oak Sangha, Hexham, Northumberland
- Heart of Manchester Sangha
- Sheffield Interbeing Sangha
- Keighley Sangha, West Yorkshire
- Dales View Sangha, North Yorkshire
- Bentham Sangha, North Yorkshire
- York Sangha
- Laughing Breeze Sangha Liverpool/Wirral
- Boundless Heart Sangha,Chester
- Lytham Sangha
- Holme Valley Sangha
- Still Waters (Lake District) Sangha
- Roseberry Sangha,Guisborough