“Aware of suffering caused by exploitation, social injustice, stealing and oppression, I am committed to cultivating loving kindness and learning ways to work for the well-being of people, animals, plants and minerals. I will practise generosity by sharing my time, energy and material resources with those who are in real need. I am determined not to steal and not to possess anything that should belong to others. I will respect the property of others, but I will prevent others from profiting from human suffering or the suffering of other species on Earth.”
The Second Mindfulness Training
The Community of Interbeing UK raises funds to support three projects in Vietnam:
- The Touching and Helping Programme
- Support for Ha Trung, the village of Thay’s mother
- Support for Plum Village monks and nuns in central Vietnam
All donations are sent to Plum Village to be divided between these three projects in the way Plum Village considers to best meet current needs.
How You Can Help
Make a personal donation
- One-off donations: Please send a cheque payable to The Community of Interbeing UK and send it to Allison Fraser, Mallards, Grafton Court, Temple Grafton, Alcester, Warwickshire B49 6NY.
- If you are a UK taxpayer, please also download and complete a Gift Aid Form (PDF) and send it to Allison with your cheque.
- Regular donations by standing order: Please download and complete the standing order form (PDF) and send it to Allison Fraser, Mallards, Grafton Court, Temple Grafton, Alcester, Warwickshire B49 6NY.
- Several local Sanghas make collections at their Days of Mindfulness. Your Sangha might like to begin to do this. If you decide to do so, you might like to ask us for a special Vietnam Dana bowl, lovingly crafted by Lesley Collington and Russel Sydenham. Send an email to email@example.com to request your beautiful bowl!
- It would help if UK taxpayers would put a completed Gift Aid form in the collection along with their cash or cheque. Someone in the Sangha may like to take responsibility for having a supply of these available at each Day of Mindfulness.
Special fundraising activities
- You may be able to think of ways to raise money – maybe by holding a special coffee morning or something similar. Do let us know!
The information on these pages can also be downloaded as a 4-page leaflet in PDF format.